Welcome to AMIDEX FAQ Center
- FAQ About AMIDEX Funds
- FAQ About Investing in AMIDEX Funds
- FAQ About AMIDEX Indexes
- FAQ About the Advisor
FAQ About AMIDEX Funds
Q: What is the AMIDEX family of funds?
Q: What is the investment objective of the AMIDEX35?
Q: Who manages the AMIDEX investments?
Q: What's the rationale for index investing?
Q: Should I expect more AMIDEX Funds in the future?
- Q: What is the AMIDEX family of funds?
- A: The AMIDEX Family specializes in Funds that track specific unexplored market segments. AMIDEX Funds are all index-based investment products, offering investors the opportunity to explore specific market niches unavailable elsewhere.
- Q: What is the investment objective of the AMIDEX35?
- A: The AMIDEX35 fund tracks the AMIDEX35 index, investing in the 35 largest market capitalization Israeli companies, publicly traded on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange or on Wall Street. Many of the larger Israeli companies are growth companies that have a strong technology orientation. Therefore, investing in the AMIDEX35 is well suited for growth seeking investors. Like many funds, investing in the AMIDEX35 is suited for investors with long-term investment needs. However, The fund is not diversified and is composed of only 35 companies. The relatively limited liquidity of some of the equities in the portfolio may affect the Fund's ability to acquire desired positions quickly or unable to dispose of securities at a desirable price and time.
- Q: Who manages the AMIDEX investments?
- A: The Funds' Investment Adviser is Index Investments, LLC, a management team, specializing in index investments.
- Q: What's the rationale for index investing?
- A: Index based investments have grown in popularity since their introduction over 30 years ago. Index funds offer several benefits. The typically low portfolio turnover of index funds leads to less capital gains and thus to expected tax efficiency. Indexing also allows for lower research and operating costs charged to shareholders. Most importantly, index funds usually outperform managed funds concentrating on the same industries or markets. Over the long term, investors of index funds should benefit from expected tax efficiency and market-tracking performance. However, you should be aware that there is no assurance the fund will be successful in achieving its objective.
- Q: Should I expect more AMIDEX Funds in the future?
- A: The AMIDEX team is committed to identifying unexplored investment niches and opportunities. AMIDEX Funds, Inc., currently offers the AMIDEX35 Fund for investment by individual and institutional investors. Other funds are expected to be launched in the near future. We will be happy to advise you of these investment opportunities after registration statements have been filed. Please see the "contact us" link on the web site.
FAQ About Investing in AMIDEX Funds
Q: How do I invest in the AMIDEX Funds?
Q: Are AMIDEX Funds available through online brokers?
Q: Can I purchase AMIDEX Funds through my broker?
Q: What about dividends and capital gains?
Q: Can I transfer my investment between AMIDEX Funds?
Q: Can I dollar-cost-average my AMIDEX investment?
- Q: How do I invest in the AMIDEX Funds?
- A: AMIDEX Funds are available through a variety of channels. You can invest using online or conventional brokerage accounts, or by opening accounts directly with AMIDEX Funds. Online AMIDEX applications are available by clicking here. If you have further questions about investing, please contact our sales desk at: (888)876-3566 or via email support@AMIDEX.com
- Q: Are AMIDEX Funds available through online brokers?
- A: AMIDEX Funds are available through a variety of discount brokers, such as DLJdirect, E*Trade, Ameritrade, Fidelity.com, Morgan Stanley online, and many others. Most include AMIDEX Funds in their NTF programs. If you have further questions about how to invest using your online broker, please contact the AMIDEX sales desk at: (888) 876-3566 or via email: support@AMIDEX.com
- Q: Can I purchase AMIDEX Funds through my broker?
- A: Selected AMIDEX Funds are currently offered by over thirty of the largest brokerage firms in the country, including Merrill Lynch, CIBC Oppenheimer, Bear Sterns and First Union Securities. If AMIDEX Funds are not available through your broker, please have him or her contact us so that we may accommodate you.
- Q: What about dividends and capital gains?
- A: The AMIDEX35 Fund invests primarily in growth-oriented companies that traditionally pay little or no dividends. The Fund includes in its investment portfolio dividend paying companies listed on the Tel Aviv stock exchange. These companies make up less than 30% of the fund's portfolio and historically have paid smaller dividends. Of course, there is no assurance that this policy will continue in the future. As is true with all index funds, the AMIDEX Funds expect low portfolio turnover and therefore expected lower capital gains and distributions to fund shareholders.
- Q: Can I transfer my investment between AMIDEX Funds?
- A: An exchange program is available between AMIDEX Funds. Exchanges are free of charge, but subject to minimum initial and subsequent investment rules. For more on exchanging between AMIDEX Funds, please see an AMIDEX prospectus.
- Q: Can I dollar-cost-average my AMIDEX investment?
- A: A convenient way to dollar-cost-average your investment is by registering for an automatic investment plan. Using an automatic investment plan is a convenient way to purchase fund shares. Your bank account will be charged and the money will be deposited to your choice of AMIDEX Funds on a regular basis, usually once a month. Using cost averaging, investors reduce market volatility and price fluctuations over time.
FAQ About AMIDEX Indexes
- Q: Why are index funds so popular?
- A: Index based investments have grown in popularity since their introduction over 30 years ago and offer many benefits. The expected low turnover of index funds leads to less capital gains and thus to tax efficiency. Indexing also allows for lower research and operating costs charged to shareholders. Most importantly, index funds usually outperform managed funds concentrating on the same industries or markets. Over the long term, investors of index funds can benefit from both tax efficiency and market-tracking performance. However, you should be aware that there is no assurance the fund will be successful in achieving its objective.
- Q: How are the indexes calculated?
- A: While many of the AMIDEX indexes are market capitalization weighted, specific methodology varies by index. AMIDEX uses a staff experienced in index calculation and works with leading financial data providers such as Bloomberg, L.P., SECTORBASE, and various Stock Exchanges, all to ensure accuracy and reliability.
- Q: Where can I track Index changes?
- A: Financial professionals can track AMIDEX indexes using their Bloomberg terminals. For individual investors, selected AMIDEX index quotes and performance charts are posted on the website.
- Q: Can I invest in an AMIDEX Index?
- A: Indexes are not investment vehicles available for purchase - they serve as a tool for measuring the performance of the stocks in a defined industry, country, or other group. However, AMIDEX Funds which track AMIDEX indexes are available as investment vehicles. The Fund is an "index Fund' meaning that it invests in the companies in the Index to replicate the composition of the Index and to replicate the Index's performance. Because the Fund will invest in a "passive" manner, any volatility in the Index will be closely* reflected in the Fund. If the Index declines, the Fund will decline with it. If the companies in the Index perform well, the Fund will also reflect that performance. Investing in an AMIDEX Fund should have similar overall performance (minus expenses) to the underlining index.
- * Funds may hold significant cash positions, and therefore, may not always closely track the indexes. Until there is approximately $25 million under management in a given fund, there will be a discrepancy between the performance of the fund and the funds holdings compared with the related indexes.
- Q: What AMIDEX Indexes are available today?
- A: Index Investments, LLC currently calculates and publishes the AMIDEX35 Israel Index.
FAQ About the Advisor
- Q: What is the Advisor?
- Q: What services does the Advisor offer?
- Q: Where can I learn more about the Advisor?
- A: The Fund's Investment Adviser is Index Investments, LLC, a management team, specializing in index investments. Since the Fund's inception in 1999, it has followed an index methodology. The Advisor strives to maintain a high correlation between the Fund's performance and the performance of the corresponding index.
Index Investments, LLC, an SEC-Registered Investment Advisor, is headed by Cliff Goldstein and Gadi Beer. Cliff Goldstein, President, is a pioneer in the field of indexing Israeli stocks. Gadi Beer, Vice President, is responsible for developing and maintaining AMIDEX Indices and day-to-day operation of the fund.
Index Investments, LLC is headquartered in historic Valley Forge Pennsylvania, and can contacted at (610) 666 1330.
AMIDEX In The News
This is your source for the latest news about AMIDEX35™ Israel Mutual Fund. Please check back often for updates.
TIP SHEET: AMIDEX35 Gives Everyday Investor A Share Of Israel
DOW JONES NEWSWIRES , April 29, 2010
20 Index Fund Winners and Losers
SmartMoney, June 26, 2009
Top Health Equity Funds
Zacks.com , June 11, 2009
At the UN, hypocrisy reigns, Israeli ambassador charges
The Jewish Standard, March 20, 2009